LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
(Illustrations follow p. 530)
1. Einstein delivering his Nobel Prize lecture in Gothenburg, Sweden, during
the meeting of the Scandinavian Society of Natural Science, 11 July 1923.
(In the public domain via Wikimedia Commons)
2. Einstein and Paul Langevin. (Courtesy The Granger Collection)
3. Einstein at the Leyden Observatory, Netherlands, in September 1923.
Front row: Sir Arthur S. Eddington and Hendrik A. Lorentz; back row:
Albert Einstein, Paul Ehrenfest, and Willem de Sitter.
(Courtesy AIP Emilio Segre Visual Archives, Gift of Willem de Sitter)
4. Einstein in Leyden, 27 November 1923, with Paul Ehrenfest (center),
Samuel A. Goudsmit (front left), and others. Photograph by Samuel
Goudsmit. (Courtesy AIP Emilio Segre Visual Archives, Goudsmit
5. Einstein at the blackboard, Leyden, November 1923.
(Courtesy Albert Einstein Archive)
6. Einstein in 1923, etching by Emil Orlik, with inscription by Einstein to Lina
Kocherthaler. (Courtesy Karen Cortell Reisman)
7. Einstein addressing Conference of Jewish Students in Germany,
27 February 1924. (Courtesy Albert Einstein Archive, Gift of Efrat Karmon,
8. Einstein with Marie Curie and Robert Millikan in Geneva at the time of the
meeting of the International Committee on Intellectual Cooperation of the
League of Nations, July 1924. (Courtesy of the Archives, California
Institute of Technology)
9. Einstein at Innsbruck Station, 1924. A. Dubin photographer. (Courtesy The
Shelby White and Leon Levy Archives Center, Institute for Advanced
Study, Princeton, NJ, USA)
10. Cartoon in the Wiener Morgenzeitung, 28 September 1924.